Saturday, October 30, 2004

The Sixth Day Effect

My head is crammed with the litters of intransitive desperation as I cease to put my cerebrum into action. The computer screen vomits zillions of tiny, insensitive, dumb figurines clad in outfits of various colours. They are indifferent to my sense of craving for solace in an otherwise ruthlessly materialistic world. "Time flies when you are having fun" seems to have been a matter of the irrecoverable past as I reminisce about the days I had spent at home during my last trip. Like any other software professional I too have to sustain the ordeal of working away from home & "Home is where the heart is" barely makes my present settlement an adjustable one.

Tension, stress, and the remaining scums of the human emotions residing on the negative side, keep on pestering me as in when I try to stage a YOU-CAN-DO-IT kind of recovery. I squirm for respite only to be alarmed by a pop-up reminder grinning, "You have a Team-Meeting" on the cadaverous monitor of my HP Workstation. Probably, I'd have been better off Working in a station rather than WHACKING the workstation. I turn around to find MUGLEs(With Due respect to JK "Harry Potter" Rowling) i.e. MOST UNWANTED GROUP of LAZY ENTITIES(A whole bunch of colossal HP-UX Workstations) howling inside the Test room as if they would writhe my neck provided I step into it. My life is all agog to call it quits and raring to sneak into another body for it finds this one disgustingly cliched and moronic. I too, become intractably virulent and seriously consider Plastic Surgery/Facelift as an alternative to escaping the pathetic attenuation of human conditions.

Oh Yes !! Is that possible ? A Replacement...Astonishingly similar. That would be an incredible 1722 (Ek Saath Do Do...Bollywood Zindabaad). Gone are the days when double roles, duplicates aka Kumbh mele mein bichhde bhai... used to rule the roost. This is the age of CLONES. Genetic mapping & Replication is undoubtedly in the driver's seat. My replica would strive to build a better world for me. I'd transfer my responsibilities into the Junior's(I was born earlier, he was created later) head and shoulders and so on... While I laze around in the bed & surf channels, he'd create programs, write source code, mail documents & dispatch deliverables JIT. He'd unflinchingly come forward to carry forward the pending assignments. He'd deal with the outer world while I prepare to take a dip in the swimming pool. He'd literally translate all my thoughts to action the moment I concur upon an immediate deployment.

What next ?? where would he stay ? Fairly simple... He'd stay where I won't, in the office. I'll be vacationing at home, I wouldn't even report here once. Since it becomes his duty to look after the responsibilities he has been assigned to, I would care less if he fiddles around with them. After all, that's the objective, he was created to meet. Well, I'd be able to give quality time to my parents and heart. Life wouldn't be as meaningless as before. It'll be beautiful & I'd be enjoying every bit of it...TILL...WHAT...He ARRIVES to DEMAND...

Oh !! No... I had never imagined a catastrophe more venomous than this. He'd demand access into my personal life. It will be inevitably a case of GENETIC DISCRIMINATION & RE-ENGINEERED JEALOUSY. He'll plead for his share in my family until his desire gets the beast out of him. He'll infuse malevolence pertaining to my presence in my family members. He'll deliberately siphon suspicion into the mental corridors of my kith and kin until they start disbelieving me. My Love will refuse to put faith in me for she'll be failing to distinguish between two copies of the same anatomy. My brother would spare no efforts to unravel the truth, eventually turning his sweet pair of eyes off me. My parents would fall prey to the creepy ambitions of the REPLICANT. I'd be conceived upon as having been given a GENETIC INCARNATION. My world would pull down the shutters on my face. That'd spell VICTORY FOR SCIENCE & DEFEAT FOR HUMANITY.

I wouldn't budge until I have demolished this facade of self-proclaimed advancement. After all, I'm born to my parents & stayed in my Mother's womb for nine months while he's the ephemeral creation of sporadic creativity. I'm the source, the master and he's just a GENETIC PROGRAM, a spoof. I'd show up with all my might & implant a SELF-DESTRUCTIVE GENETIC DESIGN in him. That'd cut short his life span marginally, although it won't kill him. There exists a VIRUS FOR EVERY PROGRAM YOU WRITE/CREATE, but you can't destruct something that's not your creation, the right to which is only HIS (UP THERE) proprietary.

In the meantime, I perform a magnificent touchdown to my current status, when my colleague informs me of something wonderful, "Kamal, tomorrow's the SIXTH DAY (Saturday)"...Saturday & Sunday are offdays for me.


N.B. The Sixth Day Law bans Human Cloning & punishes the perpetrator with a long prison term and the clone with immediate eradication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home